Monday, February 27, 2006

SITE EVALUATIONS: Mandy

The layouts and content on two of the three pages that I reviewed were similar and it is understandably so because those two libraries appear to be from the same library district. The color schemes and navigation were different, but some of the content was the same.

Two of the sites either have sites that are down for the long haul, or are no longer active websites. I tried searching for updated links to no avail.

The high school library site I reviewed locked up my workstation on one of the pages. I've made notes about what I liked and what I didn't like below for the two sites I was able to more thoroughly review.

Mandy

Fort
Branch-Johnson Township
Public Library
Fort Branch
, IN
www.library.gibsoncounty.net/
  • dead link

McBain Community Library
McBain, MI
www.mcbain.k12.mi.us

  • One link locked up my browser

Mansfield Free Public Library
Mansfield, PA
www.ncldistrict.org/mansfield

  • colors lend a historic feel
  • disjointed ‘ask a librarian’ page, but seems to be centrally served
  • FOL page is great, with their activities and fundraisers
  • Networked resources page
  • Children’s resources (internet) page
  • Library history
  • Summer reading program
  • Events
  • Contact us

Thomas Beaver Free Library
Danville, PA
www.ncldistrict.org/danville

  • Very much like Mansfield
  • Color not stimulating
  • Variety of services indicated
  • Changing block of information on pages; statically coded, but relevant to the context of the page

North Manchester Public Library
North Manchester, IN
www.nman.lib.in.us

  • Site unavailable

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home